SIMATIC PDM Maintenance Station 2.0
27 October 2017
Maintenance of intelligent field devices.
Field devices are the eyes and ears of automation. The failure of a temperature, flow or pressure sensor can quickly lead to a malfunction of more expensive the equipment / assets. With SIMATIC PDM Maintenance Station V2.0, Siemens offers the right solution for efficiently monitoring the condition of smart field devices, irrespective of the automation and control systems used.
SIMATIC PDM (Process Device Manager) forms the basis for the data and condition acquisition of the intelligent field devices in Maintenance Station 2.0. SIMATIC PDM is a universal, non-proprietary tool for the configuration, parameterization, commissioning and monitoring of smart field devices. It provides diagnostics, condition and parameter data to the SIMATIC PDM MS.
SIMATIC PDM supports over 4000 devices and 200 manufactures, with extensive diagnostics for Siemens Remote IO and Instrumentation, and provides the following functionality :-
1. Configuration of Instrument Parameters.
2. Configurable documentation support, such as Instrumentation manuals , calibration certificates and Instrumentation drawings.
3. Diagnostics and set-up information of Remote IO, including HART, Wireless HART, Profinet, and Profibus connectivity.
4. Advanced diagnostic information from intelligent instrumentation.
5. PDM Quick Start Wizards available on all Siemens Instruments.