Instrument Site Service Engineer
We have an opportunity for an Instrument Site Service Engineer to join the Process Instruments Team.
Only applicants that are currently UK based will be considered. No relocations costs are included in the role. 1 hour commute to office based in Woolpit, Suffolk required.
The position includes the following
- Fault finding
- Commissioning of our broad range of process instrumentation from world leading suppliers
- A multitude of different industries from power stations to beverage manufacturers & pharmaceutical plants
- Planned maintenance
- Power station outages
- Use of software
- Calibration equipment
- Hand tools experience
- Variety of UK based locations for work
- Carrying out scheduled maintenance as per maintenance management systems
- Maintain high priority towards identification & rectification of plant & process problems with the ability to suggest improvements to minimise potential production losses & safe working practices
- Willingness to undergo regular training on new & existing process instrumentation hardware
- Taking part in team meetings
- Cleaning and prepping equipment for calibration
- Use of state-of-the-art calibration equipment & library-based software tools
- Apprenticeship or Level 3 NVQ equivalent in Instrumentation and Control
- Industrial maintenance experience
- Reading and interpreting schematic and loop drawings
- Can demonstrate the ability to read, interpret and implement procedures/specification/drawing/sketches etc
- Experience to communicate with others as part of a small team, reporting to the site services manager & with the clients.
- CompEx qualified would be an asset, but training will be provided
- Confined space, scissor lift operation & working at height qualifications also desirable, but training will be provided
What to expect working with Process Instruments
We are the leading process industry solution provider offering high-quality, reliable and effective instrumentation alongside exceptional customer service.
While many instrumentation companies focus strictly on instrument sales, Process Instruments’ CompEx trained professional technicians and engineers are also experts at designing, installing, programming, tuning, and troubleshooting for virtually any control instrumentation or system.
Process Instruments possesses its own calibration equipment, UKAS or equivalent and offers its own qualified engineers for projects. We have a suite of fully equipped vans and hold all of the correct insurance documentation for site work. This includes the world-recognised Achilles Accreditation, offering our valued customers reassurance.
In essence we provide experienced personnel with technical knowledge, supported by high-precision equipment and instrumentation, and championed by our world-leading partners. All work is conducted with the correct verification documentation meaning our customers’ total peace of mind and confidence.
- Competitive pay & benefits – Salary £32-£38k and bonus (depending on experience)
- Use of company vehicle
- Holiday allowance 20 days a year plus statutory, plus 1 day extra for every year worked, maximum of 25 days
- Fantastic opportunity for individuals that have recently completed apprenticeships & are looking to further their career
- Opportunities with training & professional development
- Opportunities to progress in your career
- Healthy work/ life balance
Only applicants that are currently UK based will be considered.
Up to date CV required for application & further questions to be emailed to email@example.com.